Thursday, August 12, 2010

31 Already

July 19, 2010

This year I was lucky enough to have a birthweek instead of just a birthday. 

My birthweek started July 17th by having dinner with the Hullabaloo's at Cafe Brazil.  Nicole's birthday is just a few days after mine so we got together for a Hullaberger dinner to celebrate, and celebrate we did.  We started our meal with fried plantains with a spicy dipping sauce, fresh bread, and some fabulous drinks.  I was in hog heaven and we were just beginning.  Dinner came and there wasn't a meal on the table that wasn't absolutely delicious.  I was so stuffed but I couldn't stop there we finished with cheesecake and ice cream.  Delicious!!

On the 18th my Mom (Grandma), Mother in Law (Oma), and I had a wonderful birthday lunch at The White Chocolate Grill and then spent the afternoon working on the baby registry and topped off the day with Cold Stone Creamery.

On my actual birthday me, my "Twin" (Twin because we have the exact same birthday not because we look alike.), and another one of our girlfriend's from work had a delicious lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. It was so good but unfortunately we had to hurry through lunch so we could get back to work.

On the 20th my department threw me a delightful little get together complete with my favorite Papa John's Pizza and a GIANT Mrs. Field's cookie.



We finished off my birthday week with an awesome dinner with the Reederman's at Strings Restaurant where our friend Lance Bartow is the executive chef.  Lisa has this amazing ability to make every birthday super special and this one was no exception.  We got to the restaurant and Lisa had a beautiful tiara and flowers sitting on the table for me.  Dinner was incredible - so fresh and delicious.  It was the meal that wouldn't end and every new course was even better than the last.  It wouldn't be a birthday dinner if we didn't finish of the meal with dessert which, if you can believe it, was even better than dinner.



All in all it was a great birthday, and I definitely think I can get behind this birthweek thing.

Thank you all for making this year's celebrations incredible!!

Charmian

No comments:

Post a Comment