Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I'm missing my boy today...

and I'm not talking about Jon, although I am missing him too.

I'm missing Pearce

I'm sad that I don't get to rest my boy on my big belly like I do all the other kiddos in my life. 
I miss his little feet - the one on the left that looked like Jon's and the one on the right that looked like mine.
I'm sad that he never gave me a single sleepless night.
I miss his little lips - that he definitely got from his daddy.
I'm sad that I never had the opportunity to nurse him.
I miss his little jaw - that came from me.
I'm sad that I never got to change his diaper - although he did pee on me.
I miss his little muscular legs that looked so much like his daddy's it took me by surprise.
I'm sad that I never once had to tell him no.


So in a nutshell I'm missing him and it's making me sad which in turn is making me miss my other boy too.

Charmian

3 comments:

  1. Love ya, lady! Thank you for sharing your heart and your raw emotion with us.

    Let's hang out soon!

    Love,
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was beautiful, Char. And yes Sad. Wish I could hug you, it's been far too long! Hey - could you email me the pics that you got of Pearce? Particulary your favorite one? Please? I still want to make that gift for you.... Although at this point I may wait for the little one you're excepting, and make something really grand and beautiful for ya! ;) Love you girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Audrey - my favorite picture of Pearce is actually the one up above with our hands on his little belly. I love that you can see his face and we're all there together. If you want the picture larger and in color if you click on Pearce's name in the categories you can go to his second birthday post and find it there.

    I can't wait to see what you're going to do.
    I miss you too!!
    C

    ReplyDelete