Monday, March 16, 2009

P Update! Week 10

Good afternoon Ladies,

Happy week 10!  Here is my weekly P update.  We are ¼ of the way through the pregnancy, Jon had a moment of realization this morning.  He came over to me while I was getting ready for work and rubbed my belly and said, “I’m freaking out.  This is really happening, we’re a ¼ of the way there already.”  I have to be honest, I totally feel the same way.  We almost had the guestroom set up and now we have to start thinking about turning it into a nursery.  Crazy!!!


Well this week’s size is definitely one I’ve become familiar with – a prune.  My doctor really wants me to be as regular as possible and to not have to work too hard on the pot so she suggested that I eat prunes as a snack before bed – I know, I know TMI. 

10 Weeks Pregnant: Preparing for Changes

Although prunes are generally wrinkly and shapeless little P isn’t.  P’s really starting to look like a baby with bones forming, tiny little nails on the fingers and toes (no more webbing – unless P get’s toes like mine :o) and even some peach fuzz is starting to grow on its fair skin.  P’s arms can flex and bend even though they are only as big as this 1.  And although Jon and I don’t want to know if P’s a boy or a girl – the reproductive organs are now starting to form.  P's swallowing fluid and kicking up a storm. Vital organs — including kidneys, intestines, brain, and liver (now making red blood cells in place of the “fat little yolk sac”) — are in place and starting to function.

Baby, fetus at 10 weeks - BabyCenter

I have to be honest, I feel so lucky, in general I’ve had it pretty easy.  My queasiness is pretty much gone and I haven’t had any uncontrollable cravings yet.    With the bleeding completely stopped for almost 2 weeks now my energy has been way higher but I definitely like getting to bed on time or early.  My clothes all though a little snug are still fitting but I haven’t started my walks like I wanted.  Hopefully I’ll get into that routine sooner than later.  The one big change is crying at commercials, any commercial, even dryer sheet ads will do it.  Jon is so wonderful, he’ll just pat my leg and quietly giggle.  I think Dot knows that something’s up, she’s been spending a lot of time cuddling me, (she’s always been a daddy’s girl) her new favorite place to lay is on my chest all snuggled in.  
Well that’s it for my first double digit update.  30 more to go – Can you believe it!  EEEEHHHHH!!!!!!

Charmian

No comments:

Post a Comment