Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Feelin' Good

I'm feeling good today.  I am in the midst of a laundry tornado and I've been in and out all day running errands. But that's not why I feel good.  I feel good because even though it was scary I went to the doctor all by myself.  And you're thinking - you're 32, what's the big deal.  Well, it probably wasn't a big deal and wouldn't have been to all of you, but for whatever reason going to the doctor was really scary for me.  Now that I've gone (three days in a row) I can officially say I've face that fear and it's not so scary anymore.  I'm also feeling good because (even though I'm not feeling better yet) I can see my wellness just around the bend, which makes me feel even better.  :o)

Why three times in three days - no, it's not because I'm that sick, it's because they have funky hours of operation.  There aren't that many English speaking doctors that also have English speaking reception staff to choose from, and unfortunately my German is still so bad that I need both so my options are drastically limited.  When I got to the doctors office at 10:30 (which for me to get out of the house showered, dressed, and ready for the day, with my bouncing baby girl was pretty good.) they were closed.  They are only open from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. and then again from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. except for Mondays and then only the morning hours.  The receptionist was a little perturbed but she gave me a card and told me to come back the next morning.  Tuesday morning rolls around and I leave Alessandra with Jon so I can get out more quickly.  I hit the tram at 9:09 a.m., I should have been there by 9:29 but the tram broke down and what should have taken me twenty minutes took just less than an hour.  UUGGHH!  10:05 I walk in the door and the girl isn't perturbed anymore she's pissed.  She told me to leave and that the hours are from 8 to 10 and that the doctor couldn't see me.  I explained my situation and pleaded with her to let me see the doctor.  She had me stand in the corner (which I did, very obediently - I felt like I was five again but I wasn't going to take any chances on making her any more mad) and about five minutes later I was filling out paperwork and heading to the waiting room.  I was back on the tram at 10:35 with an appointment to come back the next morning by 9:30, which I just barely made.  WHEH!

I'm also feeling pretty good because in T-Minus 17 hours I'll be on a tram, that will take me to the train, that will take me to the plane, that will take me to my Enfumes!  And, I'm actually looking pretty good to get out of the house pretty stress free tomorrow morning.  Barcelona here we come!  YAY!  So excited!


1 comment:

  1. Hi friend! I'm just dropping in to let you know I still love all your stories and I still miss you like crazy! Alessandra is the cutest girlie EVER!! :) Hugs from all of us, Renee