Thursday, November 24, 2011

Odds and Ends

Thanksgiving Day

A day of errands with my Mom, 
and the realization that I have so much to be thankful for...



We started the morning with Alessandra's one year checkup and her next round of immunizations.  
I left with the discovery that 
Alessandra is healthy, 
TINY,
and she will not perform on demand 
(when asked by the doctor to do several simple tasks - 
some she's had mastered since 6 months of age - 
she stared at him in horror like he just ripped off her dolls head).


I left feeling thankful that I have a healthy, active, vivacious, curious, joyful, opinionated, noisy, loving, brave little stink pot to call my own.









We started to make our way around the city, seeing all of the sights we had missed in our previous days outing.


I walked around feeling thankful for this amazing opportunity my family has been given to live in this absolutely beautiful part of the world.  




We stopped to take a squishy with the biggest leaf we could find.


My heart was overflowing with love.  
My Mom used her vacation to fly, by herself, 
half way around the world to celebrate my daughters birthday 
and spend Thanksgiving with me.








We met up with Katrin and Sophia for a quick playdate at the park.

I couldn't stop thinking about how grateful I am for my friends, 
both here in Leipzig and around the world.  


And although it was not a typical Thanksgiving - filled with turkey, pie, and football.
It was a pretty good one and that showed me just how much I have to be thankful for.

Charmian

No comments:

Post a Comment