Sunday, April 24, 2011

They're Here!

We  were on time and I was so excited I could hardly contain myself.  I was pacing up and down the platform fidgeting with  the little noise maker I brought.  Thank God for DB Bahn, the train pulled up and opened it's doors at 12:46 - right on time.  I don't know if I could have handled waiting a second longer.

Jon and I made our way down the platform, looking for them all the while, noise maker in hand.  Then I saw them coming out of a car nearly at the end of the train.  That's when I held Alessandra tight and began running down the platform shaking my noise maker like a giant idiot.  People were staring and I didn't care - my friends were here.  I finally reached them and started handing out hugs and kisses.

It wasn't until I settled down a little bit that it hit me and I had to really fight off the tears.  Here were my best friends, greasy and exhausted - wrestling with even more exhausted, crying kids.  They had just spent 1 full day traveling half way around the world, a week of their vacation time, and oodles of money to come here to see us.

I am so loved!
I am so blessed!
I am so grateful!
and I am so glad they're here!

So is Alessandra!
Photo by Kendra

Watch out Germany - here we come!

Charmian

1 comment:

  1. We had such a great time!! We love you guys and wish we were still out there visiting :-) Hope your May Day was fun! - Heather

    ReplyDelete