Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Plans

Photo by Kendra
Photo by Kendra 
Photo by Kendra



Photo by Kendra

The funny thing about making plans is it NEVER goes the way you thought it would.  You would think that after this and this I would learn this valuable life lesson and give up on trying to control everything but, I'm human, and it's really hard.

Photo by Kendra
So here I am in Leipzig, Germany with some of my best friends in the world over for a visit.  I have three days to show them my city/home, while Jon is busy with school, and what do I do - I get all wrapped up in the details and forget my girl scout training.

Photo by Kendra
So today's big plan was to sleep in and then head to the park for some fun in the sun.  After a beautiful day of beer garden and playground hopping we would end up at Tamer's for some delicious Turkish food before calling it a night.


Photo by Kendra









When I woke up - it was raining.  But the tricky part was it stopped raining and looked like it was going to be a beautiful day.  Until we got to the beer garden that is, and then it rained, and rained, and rained.  

Photo by Kendra
UUUGGGHHH!!!!

Photo by Kendra


This was not on the agenda.

Well, because of that tiny little stint of beautiful weather I didn't bring warm enough clothes for me and Alessandra.  So she had to be all bundled up and in her carrier the whole time which made her a bit cranky and I was cold and wet which made me cranky and I was just sure everyone was having a miserable time.

Photo by Kendra
But that's the thing they weren't - yes they were cold but we were all huddled under the umbrella nibbling off of each other's plates, enjoying our beer and hot chocolate.  Talking and reminiscing and having a grand ol' time.  I just wish I would have been a good girl scout and come prepared with the proper number of layers.  But I didn't so I had to step inside a few times to get my little Sweet Pea defrosted.  It was too rainy to go to the park but we just hung out all day and then headed to Tamer's.

All in all it was a great day - but really how could it be bad when it's a day I get to spend with my Marrieds?

Charmian

No comments:

Post a Comment