Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Meet Up

A.K.A.
You've gotta be kiddin' me!!!!


Katrine and I decided that we would meet up at the Palmengarten my "local" park.  By local I mean it's a 15-20 minute walk from our flat.  Instead of Katrine coming to my place or coming and picking me up and going somewhere else we decided we'd both walk towards each other until we met up.

As I was walking I thought I saw her on the opposite side of the river so I gave her a call.  Sure enough, it was her.  We hung up the phone and made our way towards each other, but when we looked back we hadn't made any progress.  We were both walking counterclockwise.  Hee Hee!!!  I called her again and told her to stop and I hustled to catch up to her.

As we strolled through the park chatting away like old friends she showed me where the forest begins.

and you would NEVER believe what we passed!!!

THE TRAM STOP 
THAT THE NICE MOM SENT ME TO 
THE DAY BEFORE!

YUP!!  
So lets do the math.
I spent over an hour and a half trying to get home last night and 
I was only about a 30 minute walk away. 
UUUGGGHHH!!  
Now that is really frustrating and makes me feel like such an idiot.

If I would have known then what I know now I would have walked,
saved myself five euro on tram fares for the day,
and gotten some exercise ta'boot.


Oh well - living is learning and I've definitely learned a lot about Leipzig the last couple of days. :o)

Charmian

No comments:

Post a Comment