Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sick Day

Okay, so I don't really get sick days.  When I'm sick, it usually means Jon's sick too.  This is where we found ourselves today.

The morning started with me coughing, sneezing and blowing my nose in the closest thing I could find, a burp cloth.  The girls heard me and decided it was time to go outside, I rolled over to see if Jon was going to get them and that's when he told me how horrible he was feeling.  UUUGGGHHH!  Now I have three sick babies to take care of.  I grabbed Alessandra and quickly changed her diaper and then handed her back to Jon.  I put on Jon's sweats over my jammies, threw on my cap and coat, and took the girls outside.

When I got back up Jon and Alessandra were having their usual morning time flirt fest.  I decided to take advantage of the few minutes of free time and grab a shower.  After I was just about done I hollered in to Jon to strip down Alessandra so she could get a quick "bath" too.

Jon stood by while I lathered up Alessandra and then gave her a quick rinse.  I was finishing up shaving my legs when I thought I heard Jon.  I turned off the water and yup, he was yelling at me.  "What's wrong?" I hollered back.  "She peed on me."

You would all be so proud I didn't burst out laughing.

"Okay, what do you want me to do about that?"  I said.  He yelled back, “I can't move or I'll spread it all over the floor."  I quickly dried my legs off and wrapped my hair in the towel.  I pulled on my jammies as I walked back in to the bedroom.

Boy oh boy I wish I had a picture.

Jon was standing holding Alessandra who was butt naked and smiling from ear to ear.  He was in the little space we have between the crib, the changing table, and our bed.  He was wearing only his white boxer briefs and his daughters pee.  You heard me right, Jon put Alessandra on the bed to dry her off and then in the time it took him to pick her up and rotate to the changing table she peed on him.

Now I was laughing.

I grabbed a few of her colorful wipes and started to wipe up the floor.  Then I finished getting her ready while Jon hopped in the shower.  Parenthood is definitely a fun and messy time of life.

:o)

Now you know why we call her Sweet Pea!  
Or should I say Sweet Pee?

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful.  We ate breakfast, lunch and a snack in bed while we watched movies and napped all day long.  I think we all needed the rest.

Good news - Alessandra seems to be past the worst of it and is only coughing occasionally now.  So tomorrow I'll only have two sick babies to take care of.

I've already tucked Alessandra, Jon and the girls into bed, I better join them.




Good Night,
Charmian 

No comments:

Post a Comment