Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tamer's

Jon has been really busy with school, and has been away A LOT.
This past week the only day we had together was our Sick Day Sunday.
I was missing my little Booger!

So what's a girl to do?

Well, I decided if Jon can't come to us then we'll go to him.


So tonight we met at our absolute favorite restaurant, Tamer's.


This is Tamer!  He's one of the most patient, intelligent, and friendly guys I know.  He also makes one mean Dürüm.  He is Turkish and has been living in Leipzig for ten years now.  His German is amazing, and he doesn't mind sitting with me and helping me with my deutsch sprache fähigkeiten.  He'll talk very slowly and correct me on my pronunciation.  He's awesome, and he's the reason Jon stayed fed for all of those months that I was away.  

Tamer has decided that he wants to learn English.  So now we take turns, a little English here, a little German there.  It's so much fun.  Tonight's silly mistake, I asked for die Kasse (cash register) on my calzone instead of der Käse (cheese).  OOOPS!  We all had a good laugh and he said he would make it a special. 

We had a great night and it was nice getting to see Jon for a couple of hours today!

Charmian

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I've just approved your registration for the Expat Bloggers' Forum. Feel free to sign in, have a look around and introduce yourself on the introduction thread if you feel like it.

    ReplyDelete